DEDICATED PROFESSIONAL ADVISORS
TO THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY
THE DPA DIFFERENCE
Established in 2010 by David & Iris Pattillo, David Pattillo & Associates (DPA) is comprised of recognized industry leaders with reputations for success. Across a wide array of industries, on projects large and small, we work closely with our clients to effectively manage risks associated with delays and cost overruns. When disputes arise, we are the preferred choice for scheduling and damages expertise, with a reputation for presenting clear and compelling analyses at mediations, arbitrations, and trials. Our passionate and experienced team works personally and diligently with our clients at every step along a project’s progression to ensure we deliver exceptional value on every assignment.
Let us show you why our team of Dedicated Professional Advisors is the best in the business, and the right choice for you.
A Dynamic and Devoted Team
We are a boutique firm that specializes in complex projects. Our efficient size and cohesive culture makes us uniquely able to quickly coordinate and deliver clear results for the intricate problems at hand. Many of us have been working together for more than 30 years, giving our team a level of stream-lined collaboration you won’t find at most companies
Our leadership team includes highly respected engineering and construction industry professionals with far-reaching experience – both in the field and on the witness stand.
Our Founder and President, David Pattillo, is one of the top dispute resolution experts in the country. His personal skills and expertise guides the quality of DPA’s work, and combined with the extensive knowledge base of other senior members, DPA is well equipped to handle any challenge that may arise in the planning or dispute process.
Technical and Communicative Precision
For projects massive in scale and scope, you need a team that can rapidly assess the problem, analyze the relevant details, and effectively communicate the results. DPA is an industry leader in technical analysis of construction delays, labor productivity issues, and financial impacts, communicated precisely with effective and engaging reports and graphics.
Diverse Record of Success
DPA has worked and provided services for projects in the Commercial, Mixed Use, Residential, Industrial, Hospitality, Healthcare, Infrastructure, Governmental, and Power industries.
Collectively, our consultants have contributed to our clients recovering or protecting against billions of dollars in claims or damages. Our analytic skills are proven in our track record of success, and can easily be applied and transformed to fit whatever scope of work is required. From power plants to high-rise apartments, DPA continues to deliver outstanding value for our clients.
A FOCUSED APPROACH
DPA concentrates on two primary areas of expertise: Dispute Resolution and Project Risk Management.
We are experts at quickly identifying the critical issues relevant to a project’s success, whether it’s in progress or post-completion. You can trust that we’ll provide independent and thorough advice through all stages of execution, and resolve your issues with speed and simplicity.
DPA is a trusted authority for determining the true causes of project delays and disruptions, and quantifying the financial damages that inevitably follow. Our tested methods of analysis focus on the pivotal factors in each case, including scheduling errors, labor productivity issues, and force majeure events.
Our experts have extensive experience testifying during depositions, mediations, and arbitrations. If your claim goes to trial, you can count on our expertise and track record of success in federal and state courtrooms. Our clients successfully resolve disputes because of the rigorous quality of our technical analysis and compelling presentations.
We provide insight into processes that improve project performance by thoroughly analyzing estimates, budgets, schedules, contracts, and control systems, and then integrating those pieces into a cohesive and efficient whole. Communication and coordination are key in order to effectively manage and control the outcome of any development.
On especially large and complex projects, it is not always enough to have each team member doing their best. When a project demands more than your team can handle, we will help organize and streamline the entirety of your endeavor. Our work empowers stakeholders to confidently make decisions that impact schedules and costs in order to successfully achieve their goals.
A DIVERSE ARRAY OF EXPERIENCE
West Deptford Energy Station, New Jersey
The West Deptford Energy Station project is a 715 MW combined cycle power expansion consisting of natural gas fired turbines and heat-steam recovery generators, located on 300 acres of land in West Deptford Township, New Jersey.
DPA was retained by the EPC contractor to prepare a critical path analysis and determine the causes of delay. DPA also quantified the overall financial impacts concerning project delay, acceleration, and loss of productivity. The disputes between the owner and subcontractors were settled before trial.
Fort Bragg Ammunitions Supply, North Carolina
This project, valued at approximately $50 million, involved the expansion of Fort Bragg’s ammunition storage capacity, including new high-explosive ammunition magazines and support facilities for shipping, securing, and storage of supplies.
DPA was retained by the general contractor to perform a schedule delay analysis of the overall project. Key issues involved the complexity of the earth moving operations amid strict environmental requirements. Following several settlement presentations, the matter was resolved favorably for our client.
Iron Ore Concentrate Facility, Labrador, Canada
The project involved an expansion to increase concentrate capacity by 4 million mt/y to 22 million mt/y by 2012. Initially approved in March 2008, the expansion program was then suspended during the global recession. The revised total project cost for the first-stage expansion, including investments made prior to the delay, was over C$500 million.
DPA was retained by the EPC firm to perform a contractual, schedule, and damages analysis regarding a claim submitted by the civil contractor. Issues involving design enhancements, production of concrete operations, and winter weather impacts were an integral part of the analysis. DPA’s detailed study and recommendations resulted in a favorable settlement for our client.
Past Project Experience
Past Project Experience
- Ivanpah Solar Thermal Power Plant
Mojave Desert, CA
- West Deptford Combined Cycle Power Plant
West Deptford, NJ
- Vogtle Nuclear Electric Generating Plant
- Rodemacher Generating Station
- Radioactive Waste Solidification Building
- McDonough Combined Cycle Power Plant
- Russell City Energy Center
- Cane Run 7 Natural Gas Plant
- Los Esteros Energy Center
San Jose, CA
- Oregon Clean Energy Center
- Nikiski Combined Cycle Power Plant
- Norfolk Solar Electric System
- V.C. Summer Nuclear
- Plant Yates
- Utica East Ohio Gas Complex Expansion
- Fort Detrick USAMRIID Facility
Fort Detrick, MD
- Ammunition Supply Point
Fort Bragg, NC
- American Institute Taipei New Office Compound
- Fort Stewart Project
Fort Stewart, GA
- G.V. "Sonny" Montgomery Multi-Purpose Range Complex
Camp Shelby, MS
- North Atlanta High School Renovation
- Utah Data Center
Saratoga Springs, UT
- EAA A1 Reservoir
- Baha Mar Hotel & Casinos
- Primland Resort
Meadows of Dan, VA
- JW Marriott
San Antonio, TX
- Embassy Suites
- Fort Mountain State Park
- Charleston Harbor Resort
- Horseshoe Bend Country Club
- Residences at the John Marshall
- Ascent Condominiums
- Transbay 06
San Francisco, CA
- Fifth & Folsom
San Francisco, CA
- Los Bronces Copper Mine
Valparaiso Region, Chile
- ThyssenKrupp River Terminal
- ThyssenKrupp Steel Mill
- Iron Ore Concentration Facility
- New Jersey Natural Gas Project
- Myriant Lake Providence Acid Plant
Lake Providence, LA
- Sugarland Surface Water Treatment Plant
- Volkwagen Plant Expansion
- I-595 Improvements
Broward County, FL
- I-290 Manor Expressway
- Atlanta Beltline
- WETT Transmission Line Project
- I-635 LBJ Express
Farmers Branch, TX
- Huntsville High School
- Yazoo Prison
Yazoo County, MS
- UT Chattanooga Library
- Peebles Engine Test Facility
- Denver VA Hospital
- New Orleans VA Hospital
New Orleans, LA
DEDICATED PROFESSIONAL ADVISORS
DPA IN ACTION
WHAT WE’RE DOING, WHERE WE’RE DOING IT
- Annual Company Retreat was held at the Biltmore in Ashville, NC. Every year, David and Iris Pattillo host a special company retreat where we bring everyone together for a weekend of both business and pleasure. Because family is so important to us, spouse or significant others are included. It is a chance to get to know each other better and for the spouses to be honored for their part in our success.
- Jorge Mas Canosa Freedom Foundation Golf Tournament – Silver Sponsor and Event Volunteer. David Pattillo & Associates was proud to be a Silver Sponsor of this annual event which raises funds for The Mas Family Scholarship Program. In addition to sponsoring, we were happy to have 4 of our employee’s represent us on the golf course. In addition, our Executive VP, Iris Pattillo, volunteered all day at the event. We are happy to say we will be sponsoring again in 2019!
- 2018 ABA Construction Forum Annual Meeting – As a first time Platinum sponsor, this year finds us at all three major ABA Construction Forum Meetings, with the most recent being held in New Orleans. We relish the opportunity to meet new people and introduce our people and our services. We pride ourselves on our creative displays, and once again we were well received. Many people told us we had the best booth/offering they had ever seen at a conference! Be sure to stop by and visit at the next meeting in Montreal, October 4 & 5.
- Our Executive Vice President, Iris Pattillo, attended the Troutman Sanders Executive Women’s Forum held at the Salamander Resort in Virginia. The weekend included presentations from Mary Abbajay, Katty Kay and panel discussions as well as networking meals and fun activities.
- October 4 & 5 – ABA Construction Forum Annual Meeting – Platinum Sponsor – Montreal, Canada
- October 19 – Women In Construction Conference – Sapphire Sponsor – Willard Intercontinental – Washington, DC. Pleased to have our EVP serve on the board of this organization which is dedicated to helping women in architecture, engineering, construction, the trades, real estate, lawyers, and consultants build skills and develop relationships that will help both their firms and themselves in their continued success.
- December 10 – 12 – Construction SuperConference – Las Vegas – We are pleased to be sponsoring the luncheon for the 3rd year in a row at this prestigious industry event. Look for our one of a kind booth and special lunch gift!
Life at DPA
At DPA, we strive to create a work environment that is both functional and enjoyable. From dogs in the office to annual corporate retreats, we try to bring energy and enthusiasm to the office in any way we can.
Our employees enjoy:
- Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Canine Companions: We love dogs! Our property is
heavily wooded and we have multiple dog areas
- Fitness: We have a well equipped, free to use in house
gym, and personal training is available (extra fees apply)
- Education: Regular “Lunch and Learn” employee
development sessions covering a variety of subjects from
personal financial planning to industry evolution
- Company Retreats: We reward our team members for all
their hard work with annual, expense-paid retreats. From
Las Vegas to the Caribbean, we love to take some time to
relax. Spouses welcome and encouraged!
- Bonuses: We offer generous bonuses, allowing everyone to
share in the success and growth of our firm.
It is our policy at DPA to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, DPA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.